Make a difference : Earth Hour sign up
At 8.30pm local time on Saturday 31 March, Earth Hour 2012 will see hundreds of millions of people around the world cross borders of race, religion, culture, geography and society to unite in a single moment of contemplation for the planet and celebration of their year-round commitment to protect it.
Now in its sixth year, the annual lights out event has grown from a single-city initiative in 2007 to become the world’s largest display of environmental action, with citizens of 135 countries and territories across every continent coming together for Earth Hour 2011 indicating a growing global movement of positive change in environmental attitudes.
WHAT: Earth Hour 2012
WHEN: Saturday 31 March at 8.30pm in your local time zone
WHERE: Across the globe WHY: To celebrate your commitment to the planet with the people of the world
HOW: Switch off your lights, register your support and get more details at earthhour.org
The 100-day countdown to Earth Hour 2012 has now begun, the iconic ‘lights out’ event that has seen some of the world’s most recognized landmarks, including the Forbidden City, Eiffel Tower, Buckingham Palace, Golden Gate Bridge, Table Mountain, Christ the Redeemer statue and Sydney Opera House switch off in a global celebration of the one thing that unites us all – the planet.
Compiled by Henricus Peters, Learn From Nature
- Action for the planet : Earth Hour is March 31st …. (environmentaleducationuk.wordpress.com)
- Observations On Earth Hour (pm27.wordpress.com)
- Earth Hour (nanawithtwodogs.wordpress.com)
- One Lightbulb at a Time (masonhomes.wordpress.com)
- Switch Off Your Lights for Earth Hour | Video (icountformyearth.wordpress.com)
- Lantern Making (roncy.org)
- Green News Weekly – Ryan Gosling, 10 Places in Most Need of Water, Sustainable Shanghai Hotel, and Countdown to Earth Hour 2012 (planetforward.ca)
- Earth Day too committed for you? Celebrate Earth Hour instead (grist.org)
- Earth Hour 2012 (go-green.ae)